The position of Scientific Information Executive is fast-paced and requires a high level of energy and enthusiasm. Scientific Information Executive are seen to be entrepreneurs and product expert of an assigned territory and products, respectively. They have the ownership and empowerment to manage and grow accounts under their care through effective communication of the scientific features, benefits and clinical evidence-supported efficacy of products to the clients.
Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Achieve or exceed sales targets of allocated territory/product by developing new business with existing and potential clients;
- Develop, maintain and demostrate a high level of product knowledge to clients through utilization of scientific knowledge to engage healthcare professionals in meaningful discussion about products, emphasizing its value in patient care;
- Ability to present and explain clinical data, research findings and evidence-based information to support product differentiation against competitors’;
- Apply appropriate selling and negotiation skills to enhance performance and capitalise on sales opportunities to drive overall business growth;
- Actively monitor market trends through personal contact with clients and attend industry association meetings and seminars. Provide feedback to relevant managers on field intelligence such as competitors’ activities and other market changes;
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and leverage on digital approaches/tools to enhance engagement;
- In consultation with your manager, plan field activity based on territory analysis and customer segmentation to identify growth opportunities and develop Key Opinion Leaders to maximise business results;
- Analyse territory and customer data, doctor call reports and track territory spend on a regular basis;
- Report on sales, activity and territory performance as required by the organisation;
- Perform any ad-hoc duties as assigned by manager.
- Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or Pharmacy preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in pharmaceutical/medical device industry
- Proven track record of success in pharmaceutical sales
- Possess a car and valid driving license
- IT – savvy and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.